Information we collect and how we use it We may collect the following types of information:
• Log information – When you access 409SHOP services via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
• User communications – When you send email or other communications to 409SHOP, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
• Location data – 409SHOP offers location-enabled services, such as 409SHOP Maps and Latitude. If you use those services, 409SHOP may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
• Unique application number – Certain services, such as 409SHOP Toolbar, include a unique application number that is not associated with your account or you. This number and information about your installation (e.g., operating system type, version number) may be sent to 409SHOP when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers (for example, to request automatic updates to the software).
• Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services;
• Protect the rights or property of 409SHOP or our users. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use. 409SHOP processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information outside your own country. Information sharing 409SHOP only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of 409SHOP in the following limited circumstances:
• We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
Information security We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. We restrict access to personal information to 409SHOPemployees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information When you use 409SHOP services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems. Please review the service Help Centers for more information.